Alan Bush often speaks at seminars for business leaders—such as line executives, finance executives, human resource professionals, CPA’s and lawyers. You can hear Alan at:
MC-SHRM | General Meeting
Employee Handbooks: Get an Edge
August 9, 2011
New hires get a copy of your employee handbook on day one. So what’s the big deal?
Go beyond off-the-shelf policies. Look at the big picture. Appreciate the risks that your policies are meant to insulate you against, then tweak them to take advantage of legal developments.
For example, Alan will show you how turbo-charged policies can help:
- Reduce your damages exposure in overtime lawsuits
- Give an extra layer of protection from harassment and hostile work environment claims—protection that form policies don’t have
- Push employee disputes out of class actions and instead into faster arbitration proceedings
- Protect your business secrets from your competitors’ attempts to steal your best and brightest employees
- Discourage employees from secretly tape recording conversations
- Keep union organizers off your premises without drawing an unfair labor practice charge
Alan will also talk about how solid HR practices press your advantage. After all, many policies are only as effective as your actions behind them.
Where: Lone Star College