Alan Bush often speaks at seminars for business leaders—such as line executives, finance executives, human resource professionals, CPA’s and lawyers. You can hear Alan at:
Texas Society of CPA’s | CPE by the Sea
Employment Law for Business Leaders
June 15, 2011
Non-Compete Agreements: Protect your competitive edge
- Identify your company’s secret playbook information—like financials, customer information, margins or upcoming product and market launches.
- Learn how non-compete, non-solicit and non-disclosure agreements keep your secret playbook out of your competitors’ hands.
- Sketch over the legal protections against employees taking your trade secrets—enforceable obligations without any paper agreements.
Overtime Claims: Preserve your working capital
- Expose how a plaintiff’s lawyer sizes up an overtime claim.
- Make your company an unattractive target by learning which employment policies are ground zero for the most expensive overtime lawsuits, as well as how to get those policies right.
- Job descriptions might lead to misclassification as salaried exempt.
- Independent contractor agreements might make you miss paying overtime to a real employee.
- Cover any gaps with best practices to reduce your damages exposure.
Where: Galveston Island Convention Center